August 15, 2013

1st Day

I have 35 minutes until Jaida gets off the bus from her first day of kindergarten. I can't seem to swallow this lump in my throat, and it's been there all day. I never thought this day would come (or at least I never wanted it to come). When I held my newborn baby girl in my arms for the first time, I promised to protect and love her forever. Five years from that moment seamed a lifetime away. And now it's here...and I'm not ready. 

 You will do amazing things with your life, Sis!
I love you.  





2 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Oh Natalie this post is so sweet of jaida. Ha, Hattie starts preschool and I am sad but so excited too;) jaida is so sweet and beautiful. I cannot wait to get to know her better.

Dean Family said...

Nat!
I have not looked at anyone's blog in such a long time:( I am so glad Heather is on the ball!!! I love this post and the new pictures of your darling kids! It is so hard to let your first child go out into the "unknown". I have cried with each one...but it does get easier:) I love you with all my heart and thanks again for the tear jerker.